BYU Gerontology Blog

BYU Gerontology Blog
.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Grammy Awards Night

This sounds like an awesome experience, if you are interested send Josh an email!

My name is Josh and I work with Provo Rehab and Nursing. Currently, I have been volunteering with various Senior Centers in Utah Valley to get to know the community. The Orem Senior Center is hosting a "Grammy Awards Night" on March 21 which will be awarding different participants in the various talent shows held during 2013. It will be a black tie event and the administrator of the Center wants it to be pretty elegant. 

I'm contacting you to find out if there are any possibilities for getting volunteers (preferably students) to help out at the event. They would act as paparazzi as to start out and ask for autographs from all the Seniors who will be entering the event. Then once everyone is seated, they will put on aprons and turn into waiters who will serve hors d'oeuvres to the participants during the show. I will call the department office to see if they have any more options for volunteer opportunities. However, we would love to work with your students and/or faculty to make this a reality. I'm working with Justin Stenquist (Symbii Home and Health) on this responsibility. He directed me to you, so he can also be of help for more information on the event. I hope to work with you soon! We'll be in contact. Have a great day!

-Josh Boaz
Long-Term Care Liaison
Provo Rehab and Nursing
Cell: 951.239.7619

No comments:

Post a Comment